What to Expect
Your first visit usually lasts about 1 1/2 hours. We ask that you fill out an initial intake form prior to your first appointment. While reviewing your intake form, you and your physician will discuss your past health and medical history, your lifestyle, your concerns and your goals for treatment. We may also discuss the key differences between Western and Eastern medicine. These conversations are an important part of the diagnostic process.
Also during your visit, your physician will gather additional information to determine a diagnosis. Some of these techniques include: Contemporary Chinese Pulse Diagnosis, Tongue Diagnosis, Abdominal Diagnosis, Channel Palpation as well as a detailed review of all symptoms and systems.
Based on your diagnosis, your physician will determine a detailed plan of action including which treatment modalities are best suited to address your concerns and an estimate of the number of treatments and time needed to resolve your issue.
Things to keep in mind for your appointment:
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing
- Avoid heavy meals, alcohol & rigorous exercise within two hours before and after your appointment
- Make sure you have eaten something within 2-4 hours of your visit, so that you are not too hungry or too full
- Stay hydrated, both before & after
- Arrive on time so that you get a full session
Follow-up visits are generally 45-60 minutes.